A straight forward tuning fee is £84 within a 10 mile radius of Yeovil. Beyond this there is a travel element which will add £7 to £10 depending on distance and time. Within this price Michael will carry out basic repairs and adjustments.
Discounts are available if he can tune more than one piano on a visit. Please get together with friends and neighbours and time and travel cost savings made by tuning a number of pianos in the same area can be passed on. At the moment that is, say, 10 - 15%.
The preferred payment method is by BACS (electronic transfer). Cash is also acceptable. Michael preferes not to receive cheques but he will accept them.The BACS details will be with the invoice when it is issued.
Payment by this method is expected within 3 days please.
What you can expect on the day of the Appointment
• Michael will be on time or within a few minutes.
• If he is running late by more than half an hour he will phone and let you know.
• A tuning visit generally takes 1 to 1½ hours depending on the piano.
• He always tunes and maintains your piano to the highest standards.
• He always, where possible, tunes to concert pitch (A440).
• Michael is more than willing to talk to you about any aspect of work being undertaken with your piano.
•Public liability insurance up to £5,000,000.
What Michael would like from you
• Please do not forget the appointment. (you will be charged for time/ transport costs if you are not in).
• When making an appointment, it is helpful if you tell Michael of any particular problems you are experiencing with the piano. He may need extra time for a repair for example.
• If, on a visit, Michael is unable to tune your piano he will charge a call out fee. (Currently £40)
• You can cancel the appointment, but please give Michael good notice of this so work can be booked elsewhere.
• Please clear the top of the piano so he has good access to lift the lid. A room at a reasonable temperature helps the tuning (and the tuner!).
• Peace and quiet helps Michael tune quickly and accurately.